University Dissertation Defense: 7 Tips To Help You Get Ready
There are plenty of ways to get ready for a dissertation defense and if you just take a few moments to learn what they are then you’ll be a lot less stressed when approaching the task. So here are 7 different ways that a dissertation defense can be prepared for with no hassle at all.
- Get a friend: ask a friend to take a peek at your defense and ask them what they think about it. Ideally the friend that you invite for this session has expertize in the subject matter that you are working on.
- Use a mirror: to practice out loud you should use a mirror so that you get a bit of experience under the belt. Then when it is game day you will have a lot more confidence.
- Get privacy: when you are working on your dissertation defense it helps if you can get a bit of privacy as that means you can get peace and quiet. Without a high level of concentration it can be hard to get the work done in a constructive manner.
- Ask for advice: you need to know the right people to as for advice, because that can make a he difference to the outcome. For example, if there are other students who have already undergone their defense then using their experience to your advantage makes sense. However, it also makes sense to ask only those students that have received the highest marks in their defense.
- Video sharing website: perhaps there is a video sharing website that has a bunch of videos on the topic of defenses for such projects. You can view other students and how they did their work.
- Prepare for the questions: it is vital that you are prepared for whatever trick questions might be thrown your way. Even if you do not know the questions then you can answer it in a different way. You just have to show the examiners that you have a very good understanding of the topic you are working on
- Get some sleep: before the big day it makes sense to get as much sleep as you possibly can so that you can in turn have a better performance. It is no secret that an increased amount of sleep leads to much better performance in life.
If you need professional help, we advise you to check ThesisHelpers.